Kharkov Institute of Arts, Bachelor of Music (Hons), 1997
Kharkov Institute of Arts, Master of Arts, Music, 1999
Kharkov Institute of Arts, PGCE, 2004
I have had many successful students in Ukraine and Qatar. Many have been winners of international music competitions and some of them have had the opportunity to perform with symphonic orchestras.
Examples of successful competition entries;
- Vishrut - 1st Prize - Qatar National Music Competition, October 2017
- Stephanie, Mona and Shria - 2nd/3rd prize - Qatar National Music Competition, October 2017
- Vishrut - 1st Prize - International Music Competition Telavi (Georgia), May 2018
- Stephanie - 2nd Prize - International Music Competition Telavi (Georgia), May 2018
- Vishrut - 1st Prize - Distance Music Competition in Paris, Grand Virtuoso Competition, France
- Vishrut - 1st Prize - Geneva (Switzerland)
My favourite thing about teaching
I enjoy being able to communicate with young musicians, whether in terms of age or their experience in music. I feel that all young musicians should dream big and I enjoy working with them whilst they travel on their musical journeys.
My most rewarding musical experience(s)
For me it would be easy to say the success of my students in competitions and exams would be most rewarding experience. However, for me, my most rewarding experience was working with two children who had really serious psychiatric, mental and physical issues. but we did it. They were able to play piano. They weren't pursuing a career in music, but for them it was a path to recovery. The music classes helped them to recover and I am thankful for playing my part in that.
My most rewarding life experience(s)
As well as enjoying a successful career in music, I have also undertaken sporting activities such as Classical Gymnastic and Classical Pentathlon (running, swimming, shooting, fencing and equestrian sports). In more recent years I have been taking part in motorsports, including one year when I worked as a sport car driving coach.
And of course one of my most rewarding experiences is my memories of raising a wonderful daughter.